Miracles happen every day...

Miracles happen every day...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another appointment down...

Well we had a follow up appointment after Lily's preliminary diagnosis. She does have Autism for sure. I guess it's the least severe, but more than just the PPD. I was educated today on looking for signs of stress. anxiety, and fear. Some of the things I was told were:
  • Lining objects up in a line over and over
  • Rocking back and forth while repeating a sing word or 2 words phrase over and over
  • Ritualizing things
  • Becoming obsessive over a particular object
Miss Lilyana Lee does all of these things, more so now that she's getting older and can't quite relay to me exactly what the issue at hand is. Her "cuppy" is her security blanket, she lines and realigns lots of different things over and over, she will repeat certain words or phrases over and over especially when I try to make her potty on the toilet. But, I love all of these things about her. I adore her cute little phrases, and by hell I don't care that she's 3 and still loves her sippy cup. That's just Lily.

We have some insurance issues to work out, and then we'll be set, only seeing people at one practice instead of all over town. The endless phone calls will stop, and waiting on hold will be a thing of the past! Thank God!! People are quick to tell you something is "wrong" with your child & that he/she is "special needs"... but they AREN'T quick to help. Finally that will all be over.

Next step is getting Lily into a head start or preschool program where her learning and development with social skills can be assessed. I am excited for her to be able to start "school". She's been really enthusiastic & excited :) She wants to be like her cousin Naty & go to school :)

I am also taking a parenting class in march for parents with special needs children. I am REALLY looking forward to it. It's going to be awesome and I am going to soak up as much as I can during the class.

I don't know what the future holds, but I do know I have an amazing, smart, funny Lily Bee that I adore.

And if anyone out there is curious about Wyatt... he's doing great! Reaching all his milestones, learning new things everyday, teaching me new things every day. he is such a humble, sweet, east-to-please little boy. So full of sunshine & laughter. he's even talking now, and learning lots from his cousin Adam, and Lily.

Me? I am OK. I am taking it day by day, sometimes hour by hour. I have my moments, but by hell I am NOT going to let anything ruin my happy little family.

Ben is OK too. Tired & over worked, but OK. He's got his toys to keep him occupied, and he's got me for back up :)

Love & Light

No comments:

Post a Comment